Every Woman Matters
Every Woman Matters (EWM) provides: breast, cervical, heart disease and diabetes screenings to eligible women. To be eligible, women must be between 40-74 years of age, fall within the income guidelines, are citizens or legal residents and do not have insurance that pays for preventive services.
Every Woman Matters is a program that can help women get health check-ups. EWM may pay for exams based on health history and program guidelines.
Guidelines and Forms to Complete:
Breast and Cervical Cancer Screening:
- Pelvic exam
- Pap test
- Clinical breast exam
- Teaching of breast self-exam
Heart Disease and Diabetes Screening:
- Blood pressure check
- Cholesterol check
- Blood sugar (glucose) check
- Health and wellness information for living a healthier life
How do I qualify for EWM?
- Women must be between 40 and 74 years of age
- Must be a citizen or legal resident of Nebraska
- They must meet program income guidelines (2016-17)
- Must not heave health insurance that would pay for preventive services
How do I enroll?
- Call West Central District Health Department at 308-696-1201
- Complete the EWM Sign-Up questionnaire and mail to:
- Every Women Matters
- 301 Centennial Mall South
- P.O. Box 94817
- Come to WCDHD and complete the form here and we will submit it for you.