Influenza activity is increasing in Nebraska.
The West Central District Health Department would like to remind the public of these everyday preventive actions to help reduce influenza in our area: Avoid close contact with sick people.
- Stay home when you are sick. If you or your child gets sick with flu-like illness, CDC recommends that you or your child stay home at least 24 hours after the fever is gone.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. After using a tissue, throw it in the trash and wash your hands.
- Clean your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. This is how germs enter your body.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects that may be contaminated with germs.
For more information about Influenza (Flu) visit the CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/prevent/index.html